Wednesday, August 17, 2011

He'll Promote You at the Right Time

1 Peter 5:1-7

At this time where I am stepping out in faith & trusting that God will provide, I continue to find verses in my daily devotionals that seem directed specifically at me.  Yesterday, all of them were about being tested and staying strong.  Yesterday, it was confirmed that I lost my job.

The beauty of it is that I am not freaking out.  Any time fear or worry about what I will do creeps in, I lift it up in prayer.  God will show me the way.  And he has plans for me, "He'll promote [me] at the right time."  1 Peter 5:7 (MSG) 

I've always felt called to some type of ministry, but never felt I was in the right place or frame of mind to minister to others.  All of my mental instability, fears & thoughts about myself held me back.  Now that God has brought me more than ever into communion with him, I will be able to carry his message.

So if I listen to all of today's reading, I understand that I am to be a tender shepherd & trust that God will put me where I need to be at the right time. 

Amen!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment