Thursday, August 18, 2011

God Credentials

Philippians 3:1-11

Yesterday I began job searching online.  I feel somewhat blind as I am not sure exactly for what I am searching.  I know I feel called to ministry, but is that as my job or something outside my job?  Regardless, it can be difficult not to get discouraged as many postings for jobs outside of retail or food service list having a degree as a requirement. 

Despite years of college and nearly enough credits for two degrees, I do not have that piece of paper to "qualify" me.  God knows this, of course, and spoke to me this morning to keep my fears at bay.  In Philippians 3:3, 4; Paul points out that those who work in ministry must utilize the Spirit of God, relying on him and not on any "impressive credentials." (MSG)

I take comfort in this, continuing to believe that God will take me where he wants me, and I don't need a piece of paper to get me there.

Amen!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment